The primary mission of the South Meck Foundation is to maintain South Mecklenburg High School’s long tradition of academic excellence and student success by attracting, recognizing and retaining the best teachers. The Foundation funds a variety of classroom projects, professional development courses and community building among teachers.
In the past 18 months, the Foundation has provided over 20 teacher grants for educational programming including:
- Math I software site license.
- Classroom sets of AP review books.
- Classroom sets of novels for our exceptional student classrooms.
- Creation of a new student literary magazine and online arts museum.
- Cultural field trip to Levine Museum of the New South.
- New library books in languages other than English to support our World Languages program.
- Retention Pond “living laboratory” for Biology classes.
Our ability to make a difference depends on YOUR support. Please join us in investing in the future of our youth at South Meck. Go Sabres!